Call for Applications: Production Coordinator, Unscripted
PTC seeks a Production Coordinator for a public event in May 2018 called Unscripted.
Unscripted is public event bringing audiences into direct relationship with the ideas, issues, and politics of playwriting. The event takes place in early May 2018. Veronique West is the curator, designing an event with music, speakers, and activities that draw the audience more directly into the content of her play, Where the Devil Can’t Go. We’ll connect with audiences interested in intergenerational violence, the Solidarity movement, the Polish community, and what constitutes resistance.
The Production Coordinator
Working closely with the PTC team (including Producing Intern, Dramaturg and Communications Manager), reporting to AED Heidi Taylor, the Production Coordinator is responsible for:
- Technical planning and execution to translate the curatorial plan into reality (may include video projection, recorded sound, and adjustment/augmentation of existing lighting)
- In liaison with the host venue, booking equipment
- Equipment returns
- Coordination of site set-up (furniture, video projection, hospitality if applicable)
- Staff/volunteer planning for onsite activities
- Contributing to community recruitment plan led by Producing Intern
- Coordinating on-site hospitality
- Report with recommendations for subsequent events
Please identify your experience in community-engaged production work.
If you speak Polish it’s an asset.
Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Remuneration: $2500 contract
To apply, send letter of application and resume as a single PDF with Production Coordinator in the subject line to Kathleen Flaherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: March 1, 2018
Start date: March 15, 2018