Call for Applications: Audience Services for Unscripted: Szepty/Whispers
(5 week contract)
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: Tuesday, September , 2021, midnight PDT
Apply by email to Davey Calderon, Dramaturg – Public Engagement at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume as one PDF
This position requires online work, so applicants must have access to their own phone, computer and internet access. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Do you enjoy connecting audiences to innovative theatre experiences? Are you good at helping people navigate digital technology? Does learning about new digital theatre excite you?
If this is you, apply for the Audience Services role with PTC.
PTC is looking for audience services for our upcoming Unscripted: Szepty/Whispers, an audio and text geolocation app and QR reader experience, September 27 – October 3, 2021. We are seeking an Audience Services person who is a great communicator, both on the phone and online and enjoys helping people. They would need to have a good understanding of the functionality of smartphones (ie iOS vs Android etc) and have an interest in digital platforms. We’re looking for someone who has training or experience in working with underrepresented communities and groups, where they have the knowledge of the fundamentals and protocols when conducting respectful and safe communications. We’re looking for a self-sufficient and open-minded individual that works well with a team. Digital or multimedia theatre experience is a plus. Mental Health First Aid training is a plus.
- Clear communicator and proficient in writing emails and phone calls.
- Good understanding of smartphones and messenger applications (ie Telegram, Facebook chat etc).
- Ability to create concise documentation for users to read about the experience (ie FAQs, app instructions etc).
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with PTC and Unscripted artists on developing audience services procedures for this project.
- Experience or training in community engagement (i.e. experience coordinating community-centred projects or events, training in de-escalation or crisis prevention etc).
- Open to learning about cultural protocols and processes when connecting with cultural connectors, accessibility consultants, and elders.
- Ability to move equipment (under 50lbs), maintain focus online for at least 4 hours at a time with appropriate breaks.
- Previous experience at delivering great online, phone, or in-person audience services.
- This is a five-week contract position, $1,000 (plus GST if required). (Estimated at $25/hr for not more than 40 hours.)
- The contract runs from September 9 to October 7, 2021.
- Availability during the following dates is essential:
Unscripted: Szepty/Whispers launch week – September 27 – October 3, 2021
PTC is committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and are free from all forms of discriminatory treatment, behaviour or practice. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and invite requests for access/accommodation to support each applicant.
- Audience Services job