Call for Applications: Communications Manager
Are you an exceptional communicator looking for a creative home?
We’d love to meet you.
Do you have a vision for how PTC connects with the world? Can you create a plan to make it happen? Can you lead a team to bring that plan into action?
If this is you, we’d love to hear your ideas for the Communications Manager role with PTC.
Application deadline: November 3, 2021, midnight PDT (application process below)
Our commitment to a safe workspace and removing barriers to applications:
PTC is committed to treating all applicants and employees with dignity and respect in a workplace free from all forms of discriminatory treatment, behaviour or practice.
We strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals.
PTC is working purposefully to provide a safe work environment for everyone, including folks who have been systemically excluded from the arts sector, not limited to but including Black, Indigenous and racialized people, people living with disabilities, and two-spirit, queer, trans and non-binary persons.
We want to remove any barriers you might experience in the application process.
We’re excited to provide access/accommodation to support each applicant.
Please contact Heidi by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 604-685-6228.
(You can leave your name and number and Heidi will return your call, as we are all working from home at the moment.)
PTC reimagines theatre by working with visionary artists from first ideas through first audiences. We are makers, whose ways of making reflect our curiosities and our values. Our Communications Manager (CM) shares PTC’s amazing work with artists, communities, and supporters.
Across our website, newsletter, social media, and print campaigns, the CM spearheads company announcements, public event marketing, and community stories. The CM guides interns and contractors, ensuring a consistent style that reflects PTC’s values. With a strong commitment to accessibility, the CM ensures our messages reach the people who will connect to the work.
Our new team member may bring experiences from different fields. They will be confident in creating effective digital communications strategies, with a knowledge of or interest in implementing accessible design across platforms. Writing, design, video, SEO optimization – any of these might be central to your current practice, and you’ll have an ability to manage contractors outside your areas of expertise. The communications team includes contractors to provide complementary skills.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 3, 2021, midnight PDT
Apply by email to Heidi Taylor, Artistic & Executive Director at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and sample of work as one PDF. You are encouraged to include links to your work that reflect your style and approach (for example, a set of instagram stories, media releases, or other collateral).
Your cover letter is a chance to connect your experiences to the role and the company. Why would you like to work with us? What perspective or approach would you bring to communications at PTC? Taking a look at our website and social media feeds can give you additional information about the company to help frame your letter.
Areas of responsibility:
- Working with the Artistic & Executive Director to create and implement the annual fundraising communications plan.
- Working with creative teams to create plans to share each process, and connect with the right communities.
- Managing the communications team and contributing your own experience to make the plans happen.
- Maintain focus on computer work for full days with appropriate breaks.
- Create clear written documents in English. (Whether English is your first language or not, we welcome you to apply.) Other language skills are a welcome asset.
- Understand a range of digital platforms and how to use them.
- Translate complex information into accessible content.
- Supervise contractors and emerging artists.
- Consider cultural protocols as essential elements in communications plans.
- Maintain accessibility features across digital platforms.
- Start date: December 1, 2021.
- This is an employee position, 21 hours per week.
- Hours are flexible, with team meetings on Tuesdays, and Thursday publishing deadlines.
- Wage range is $26-28/hour ($28-30,000 per year), plus benefits and professional development support.
- PTC provides a Macbook Pro laptop and Adobe Creative Suite subscription.
- PTC’s office is on the ground floor at PL 1422. The access audit is available here. The successful candidate can create a mix of in-person and remote work in consultation with the team.
- This position requires in-person work in Vancouver.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.
- PTC is unable to pay relocation costs.
- #communicationsmanager #theatrecomms