Call for Applications: Digital Producer, Vancouver Digital Dramaturgy Initiative
Application deadline: July 15, 2021, midnight PDST
This position requires in-person work in Vancouver. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Are you at home in OBS or Streamyard? Can you troubleshoot meeting platforms without skipping a beat? Can you make a beautiful online schedule to create order out of chaos for a team of 20+ collaborators? If you have a technical question, do you know the right folks to call?
If this is you, apply for the Digital Dramaturgy Producer role with PTC.
PTC is hosting a Digital Dramaturgy Residency September 20-25, 2021. We are seeking a Digital Producer to lead on the scheduling and logistics for a hybrid on- and off-line process, and to support the design and implementation of the digital components in partnership with a Technical Director.
● Clear communicator with excellent documentation and scheduling skills.
● Knowledge of online convening strategies and troubleshooting in a variety of platforms.
● Able to assess technical recommendations for logistical implications and budget.
● Management of production budget in collaboration with Creative Managing Director.
● Team coordination skills in on- and off-line contexts with Technical Director, Documentarian and expert consultants.
● Available for online convening during the residency.
● Ability to move equipment (under 50lbs), maintain focus online for full days with appropriate breaks, and to understand and communicate technical and budget information.
● Producing experience managing competing project needs with a supportive mindset for creative exploration.
● This is a contract position, $3000 (plus GST). (Estimated at $30/hr for not more than 100 hours, based on feedback on previous similar production contracts.)
● Contract runs July 30 – October 8, 2021.
● Availability during the week of September 20-25 is essential.
The contractor will provide their own computer and transportation. Mileage or car-share fees will be reimbursed for project-related expenses.
PTC is committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and are free from all forms of discriminatory treatment, behaviour or practice. We strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals, and invite requests for access/accommodation to support each applicant.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org