Call for Applications: Production Coordinator, Unscripted
PTC seeks a Production Coordinator for a public event June 7/8 2019 called Unscripted.
Unscripted is public event bringing audiences into direct relationship with the ideas, issues, and politics of playwriting. The event takes place in early June 2019. Tetsuro Shigematsu is the curator, designing an event with activities that draw the audience more directly into the content of his play, Kuroko. We’ll connect with audiences interested in Virtual Reality, contemporary Japanese culture, and Asian Canadian theatre.
The Production Coordinator
Working closely with the PTC team (including Curator, Community Engaged Producing Intern, Communications and Dramaturgy Intern, Dramaturg, and Communications Manager), reporting to Artistic Executive Director Heidi Taylor, the Production Coordinator is responsible for:
- Technical planning and execution to translate the curatorial plan into reality (may include Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and adjustment/augmentation of existing lighting)
- In liaison with the host venue, booking equipment
- Equipment returns
- Coordination of site set-up (furniture, video projection, hospitality)
- Staff/volunteer planning for onsite activities
- Contributing to community recruitment plan led by Community Engaged Producer
- Coordinating on-site hospitality
- Report with recommendations for subsequent events
Please identify your experience in community-engaged production work.
Experience with Virtual Reality is an asset.
Experience with contemporary Japanese culture is an asset.
Access to a vehicle is an asset, mileage will be paid.
Remuneration: $2500 contract, hours estimated at 100 or less.
To apply, send letter of application and resume as a single PDF with Production Coordinator in the subject line to Heidi Taylor at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: March 12, 2019
Start date: April 1, 2019