Call for Applications: Production Coordinator, Unscripted
PTC seeks a Production Coordinator for a community event in April 2019 called Unscripted.
Unscripted is an event bringing audiences into direct relationship with the ideas, issues, and politics of playwriting. The project takes place at the beginning of April 2019. The team is designing an event to connect with youth under 12 who are part of the transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming communities, and their caretakers. This is the first outward-focused phase in a project that explores building a world where all children belong. This first phase takes the school building as its site for exploration, and will be a kid-centred event not open to the general public.
The Production Coordinator
Working closely with the PTC team (including Curator, Community Engaged Producing Intern, Communications and Dramaturgy Intern, Dramaturg, Communications Manager, and Collaborators from the transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming communities), reporting to AED Heidi Taylor, the Production Coordinator is responsible for:
- Technical planning and execution to translate the curatorial plan into reality (may include recorded sound, sited sound play-back and adjustment/augmentation of existing lighting)
- Liaising with the host venue, booking equipment
- Sourcing materials for designers
- Equipment returns
- Coordination of site set-up (furniture, audio playback, hospitality if applicable)
- Staff/volunteer planning for onsite activities
- Contributing to community recruitment plan led by Community Engaged Producing Intern
- Coordinating on-site hospitality
- Creating a report with recommendations for subsequent events
Please identify your experience in community-engaged production work.
Experience within transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming communities is an asset.
Access to a vehicle is an asset (mileage will be paid).
Remuneration: $2500 contract
To apply, send letter of application and resume as a single PDF with Production Coordinator in the subject line to Heidi Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: Feb 8, 2019
Start date: Feb 19, 2019