Call for applications: PTC Digital Producer
Application deadline: September 9, 2021, midnight PDT
Apply by email to Davey Calderon, Dramaturg – Public Engagement at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume as one PDF
This position requires in-person work in Vancouver. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Can you put together a live stream with your eyes closed? Do social engagement stats get your mind racing? Are you curious about how digital and live performance support each other?
If this is you, apply for the Digital Producer role with PTC.
PTC is looking for a producer to manage digital works or recordings created by 7 – 8 artists as part of our upcoming season, September 2021 to October 2022. We are seeking a Digital Producer that has a wide range of skill set in producing and managing digital content. The producer will support creative engagement strategies with social media and live stream platforms while leading the logistical and technical management of the projects. Facilitating inclusivity and accessibility within the digital production process is a core value. We’re looking for a collaborative and adaptable thinker with a passion for art and digital creation. Theatre experience is a plus.
- Clear communicator with excellent delegation and scheduling skills.
- Strong understanding of a range of digital platforms and their implementation.
- Able to assess digital services and technical recommendations for logistical implications and budget.
- Management of production budget and goals in collaboration with Dramaturg – Public Engagement.
- Provide PTC artists with consultation for appropriate digital platforms and audience engagement strategies for their digital initiatives.
- Team coordination skills in on- and off-line contexts with artists, artistic teams, TDs, contractors and designers.
- Open to learning about cultural protocols and processes when connecting with cultural connectors, accessibility consultants, and elders.
- Knowledge of accessibility features and/or applications on digital platforms.
- Ability to move equipment (under 50lbs), maintain focus online for full days with appropriate breaks, and to understand and communicate technical and budget information.
- Producing experience, including managing competing project needs with a supportive mindset for creative exploration.
- This is a contract position, $18,000 (plus GST). (Estimated at $30/hr for not more than 600 hours, based on feedback on previous similar production contracts.)
- The contract runs from September 23, 2021 to August 15th, 2022.
- Availability during the following dates is essential:
- Unscripted: The Frontliners – November 13 – 19th, 2021;
- Unscripted: Mermaid Spring – March 17 – 27th, 2022;
- Unscripted: Finishing – June 15 – 26th, 2022;
- Associates Digital Initiatives* – January – July 2022, dates TBA
*Associates Digital Initiatives scheduling is dependent on the artist’s and the digital producer’s availability.
The contractor will provide their own computer and transportation. Mileage or car-share fees will be reimbursed for production-related expenses.
PTC is committed to maintaining an environment where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and are free from all forms of discriminatory treatment, behaviour or practice. We strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals, and invite requests for access/accommodation to support each applicant.
- digital producer