created by Mindy Parfitt and Amber Funk Barton
am a explores identity through the lens of Neuroplasticity, a science that examines the brain’s capacity for change. But how do we change our brains? And if we can change, how far can we go? Using personal text, scientific writings, dance, song, and frivolity to explore personal confrontation. am a is a celebration of being human. Of daring to succeed. Of daring to fail.
World Premiere Production: February 21-March 4, 2017 at the Culture Lab at The Cultch, Vancouver, BC.
Back by Popular Demand: October 3-6, 2018 at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, Burnaby, BC
- Performer/choreographer: Amber Funk Barton
- Performer/director: Mindy Parfitt
- Scenographer: Ana Cappelluto
- Video designer: Candelario Andrade
- Sound designer: Antoine Bedard
- Dramaturg: Heidi Taylor